|All clothing and accessories must be in season and in new or like-new condition, and been purchased within the last few years and still in style. There is a difference between vintage and dated. Not sure? Bring it in and our fashion consultants will look over your items and only take what will sell, bettering your chance for a consignment payout. We only accept labels and good quality clothing.|
Items should be cleaned and either folded neatly or hung on hangers. Items brought in garbage bags will not be considered.
- Consignment is accepted by appointment only. Appointments can be made in person, over the phone, or by email.
- Appointments last 15- 20 minutes
- ***During peak seasons (October-November & April-May) Appointments book out 2-4 weeks. Call early to get your things in the shops.
- We do no return unsold merchandise at the end of the sixty days. The only exception is for high-end items that we price at $50 or more. You must give us three days notice that you will be coming in to pick up unsold high-end items. If this policy does not work for you please consider a walk-in selling day for cash, or selling elsewhere.
- Every consignor is required to sign a consignment contract at their first appointment.
- Limit your consignment to 25 pieces per appointment.
- Know your audience. We do not accept low-end labels or out of season clothes, Clothing needs to be high-end trending labels and in style.
- You can email us pictures before your appointment if you are unsure if your things are the style are looking to fill our shops with.
- Supply and demand and seasonal trends play a part in our pricing decisions. We look labels up online and price based on market demand. Used clothing is typically worth 1/3 of retail price. Items may be marked down ( i.e., end of season, holiday, special events) at our discretion.
- All clothes must be clean, neatly folded, or hanging on hangers. Paper shopping bags are a great way to transport your clothes, but we ask that you do not use a plastic garbage bag. Present items at their best!
- Please bring all of your hangers, shoes boxes and dry cleaning bags home with you. We do not offer disposal services.
- Consignment contracts are for 60 days. If your items sold, you will receive 40% of the selling price at the end of the 60 days. Raspberry Beret does not do early payouts.
- Your earnings may be spent at the stores for an additional 15% off. Or checks are written by request on the 15th or each month in Cambridge, and the 1st of each month in Maynard. (They can be mailed or picked up at the store after the 20th and 5th respectively.)
- Unsold items become the property of Raspberry beret to be donated at our discretion. We donate expired clothing and accessories to Mass Appeal International, a non-profit in Malden, MA.
- Items deemed High-End (original MSRP over $200) may be picked up at the end of consignment period through our high-end pick-up process
Walk -In Cash Buyouts
No Buyouts during the month of February
Raspberry Beret offers occasional open walk-in opportunities to sell your like-new clothing, handbags and accessories for Cash or store credit on the spot
Cambridge: the 1st and 15th of each month 11-3 PM
Maynard: Tuesdays 11-1 PM
Items brought in during open walk-in hours may be sold for cash or store credit. Walk-ins are first come first served-there might be a wait
- We love to know our sellers. All consignors must have a valid photo I.D.
- Know your limit. There is a 25 item limit for all walk-ins.
- Give us your time. A Raspberry Beret staff person will go through your items while you wait. Evaluation will take 15 to 20 minutes.
- We reserve the right to refuse any item based on condition and age. We encourage you to donate refused items to a local shelter or non-profit.
- Cash fast. The benefit of selling outright is that you walk away with cash or store credit immediately, rather than waiting 60 days for a pay out check. Selling your clothing for cash or credit may earn you less than you would get consigning with us at Raspberry Beret.
- Please feel free to both sell outright and make a consignment appointment with us. Raspberry Beret looks forward to working with you in whichever way best meets your needs.